Whether you’re just starting your path to financial awakening or have reached FI nirvana, there are the services, sources and books I recommend.
- DharmaSeed: amazing free resource for all sorts of mindfulness talks and teachings
- Spirit Rock meditation center: Bay Area center for daylong retreats.
- Cheri Huber and the Zen Monastery Peace Center: amazing teacher and writer. Great place for retreats.
- Tara Brach: a very wise and accessible teacher. I recommend her audio recordings.
- Personal Capital. Amazing tool to track your asset allocation and investment fees. Highly recommend.
- Mint. A bit better for budgeting and paying bills than PC, yet not as strong for investments.
- Optimal Retirement Planner: an amazing free tool for analyzing retirement scenarios.
- Mr Money Mustache: the man, the myth, the movement. Love him even though I’m not nearly bad ass enough.
- MadFientist: lots of very detailed FI analysis and a great podcast too.
- Bogleheads Forum: a wealth of information on investing. Always go here if you want good advice from successful people.
- Afford Anything: great blog and podcast on early retirement, real estate and philosophy.
- Your Money or Your Life: I can’t wait for the update of this classic soon, complete with forward by Mr Money Mustache.
- The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing: the best investing book out there, by far.
- The Simple Path to Wealth: Amazing and so well written. I also highly recommend his blog.